stoplite switch

arkus

this has, i'm sure, been around before, but anyway, i solved my problem of having to get on the brakes like "jack the bear" before my lites would function by replacing the common switch with one intended for a harley. these are low pressure switches that have the standard 1/8 npt necessary. the plug ins are different, but no big deal. i bought mine, drag specialties part #ds-272191, (made in poland, NOT china) for just over 10 bucks. works great!

Look at the heavy metal bracket under the dash where the brake pedal rides. Notice there is a 1/4" hole that almost perfectly, lines up with the narrow side of the pedal on the drivers side. Sometimes there is a rubber snubber mounted there to cushion the brake pedal at rest. Using that hole to mount a NAPA SLS66 brake light switch and run the wiring to the switch. Might take all of an hour to do. Never have to deal with the hydraulic switch again

i certainly agree the mechanical switch is a better option, but for those of us who can't or won't position ourselves under the dash searching for the correct wiring and successfully attaching said wiring to the newly installed switch, merely changing two wire ends while standing uprite could be (and was, for me) a suitable option.

this has, i'm sure, been around before, but anyway, i solved my problem of having to get on the brakes like "jack the bear" before my lites would function by replacing the common switch with one intended for a harley. these are low pressure switches that have the standard 1/8 npt necessary. the plug ins are different, but no big deal. i bought mine, drag specialties part #ds-272191, (made in poland, NOT china) for just over 10 bucks. works great!

Hope you bought a few just in case. Average life seems to be 1 year regardless of country of origin.