Comedians In Cars Having Coffee

warren55

A bit corny and he spoke of Studebaker lasting till 1967. I felt he was somewhat disrespectful and sarcastic. Still, I enjoyed the beauty of the car as I too have a 64R2; late model #5470 in avanti maroon with an original black vinyl interior.

Mark

I liked the show. Ya, the facts were a little hazy but most of today's viewers don't know anything about Avantis or studebakers, so any info that gets out to the public is ok with me.

The only comment I had about the car itself was the closeup they did on the Avanti badge on the nose.....the paint sure looked orange peeled to me like it hadn't been color sanded.

Mike Sal

Yeah, paint looked very "original" but what a nice car for sure. I couldn't stand JB Smoove back in his earliest days days playing Steppen Fetchit on Showtime at the Apollo, still don't understand why/how he has a career. That's a great video to watch with the sound muted.

I didn't know anything about JB prior to him hosting one of the "last comic standing" shows a year or so ago. The thing I didn't understand is Jerry's lead in said that the Avanti was JB's favorite car.....but they spent zero amount of time talking to him about it & why he liked it.

Mike S

• 2 weeks later...