Wiper Motor for Stude Avanti

Stan Gundry

I have a question related to mounting the wiper motor to the fiber glass cowl on a '63 Stude Avanti--a very simple question that I would not need to ask if I had only taken a photo with my iPhone before removing the motor. I thought I would remember this small detail, but I do not. Here is the question: There are 4 screws that go through the rubber insulators with steel insert in the mounting plate and then through the cowl. There are 4 flat steel washers that I believe go on the top side. But does each of the 4 flat washers go between the screw head and the rubber insulator? Or does each one of the flat washers go on the underside of the mounting plate between the rubber insulator and the fiber glass cowl? If someone could check this out on their Stude Avanti, I would be grateful.

BTW, I just received back my wiper motor from Dave Bass who advertises in Avanti Magazine. He did a beautiful job on the restoration.

David Bass does great work, restoring our wiper motors, both working and looking better than new.

His phone and email has changed, but they are both in his new ad in the latest issue of Avanti magazine, #173.