A little cleaning today

jmenacker

061706AvantiLF3.jpg

We bought some premium car care products a year or so ago but never really got around to using them. Now that the interior is starting to look good, I decided to see what was left in the 24 year old laquer. We are most impressed.

Joe M in WV

One of the members of the Avanti Yahoo group, Roland Vardon used to be a Zymol dealer -- until he found out about Victoria Wax. Here is the stuff used yesterday Victoria Wax Looker Kit

The products are made by a small family business in Canada. Although Roland would never initiate a conversation on paint care, he is very well versed in concours car conditioning. RVCONSULT@aol.com -- tell him I sent you, he'll charge you double! :P

He was nice enough to include a two page step by step explanation of how to use the products. Obviously I should have paid attention before this but the interior work kind of distracted us for a while. More pics are needed to really do justice to how good the car looks. I'd been out in the heat a little too long yesterday to take time for setting up decent pictures. :o

061706AvantiRF3.jpg

Better pics to come . . .

061806AvantiLR1g.jpg

Fathers day present to me - Clean car!

061806AvantiHeadlight.jpg

061806AvantiRear1.jpg

061806AvantiLF2g.jpg

This with one coat of wax. It was suggested that best results are achieved with at least three thin coats. Once it warms up today another couple o' coats will be applied.

Happy Dads Day!

Joe M in WV

Second coat of Victoria Wax.

061906Avanti2ndCoatVicLF2g.jpg

061906Avanti2ndCoatVicNose.jpg

061906Avanti2ndCoatVicRF1.jpg

061906Avanti2ndCoatVicRR1g.jpg

Very nice before, eye popping now. Can't wait to get that third coat on.

BTW the car was washed twice, cleaned with clay bar, and polished with Victoria Wax Lite Cleanse before any wax was applied. The polish really just adds a little sparkle. The cleaning process, and especially that lite cleanse stuff, brought life back to the paint.

Joe M in WV