Avanti XUV!

mfg

I understood two were built...one complete and one partially done. So much of that time in Avanti history isn't documented as accurate so just because I heard two doesn't make it so. I do know GM sued Avanti Motors over the similarity between their XUV and the Hummer.

Now...you wouldn't be playing some Jedi mind tricks on us by saying "Avanti XUV" when there was also the "Studebaker XUV" would ya?

I thought of the name game part of it before I answered. The SUV was originally a Studebaker, but changed to an Avanti after complaints. My answer was reflective of the SUV models in general, no matter their name.

You guys are SHARP!!!!!!,....but the answer here would be FALSE....simply because it/they were originally called the 'Studebaker XUV'...not the 'Avanti XUV'.

I still think that it is false, but not for the reason that you state. IIRC, the first one was called a Studebaker. That was changed to Avanti and the second and third ones would be Avantis.

I don't know Gary,....Studebaker threw some chrome at their 1957 President and called it a '1957 Packard'.....but to most of us it was still a 1957 Studebaker!

Not to me and don't forget the superchargers that they also "threw" on all of the 1957 Packards.

Strange - I just remembered that I have owned several 1957 Studebakers and no 1957 Packards and one 1958 Packard and no 1958 Studebakers.