SURVEY..Avanti Longevity!

mfg

JLBKY has owned the same Avanti for 43 years.......Has anyone out there owned the same Avanti for a LONGER time period than that?

(I've owned my '63 for 26 years....and I thought THAT was a long time!!)

The original owner of my 74 Avanti had it until he sold it to me in 2012, so 38 years for him. It was his everyday driver and boat hauler for many years before he parked it. He was from the Detroit area, purchased it new from Nate Altman, had him replace the 400 SBC with a 350 and it was serviced by Dan Booth of Nostalgic Motors, Wixom, Mi. Original 4-speed. If all that counts.

The original owner of my 74 Avanti had it until he sold it to me in 2012, so 38 years for him. It was his everyday driver and boat hauler for many years before he parked it. He was from the Detroit area, purchased it new from Nate Altman, had him replace the 400 SBC with a 350 and it was serviced by Dan Booth of Nostalgic Motors, Wixom, Mi. Original 4-speed. If all that counts.

Original four-speed car.......VERY rare!...An Avanti friend here in Mass owns one also.

I have owned my 1963 Avanti (29,000 actual miles) since May, 1965.

My gosh FIFTY YEARS!!!!.....That is REALLY incredible!......Can anyone out ther beat Regnalbob?? (I highly doubt it!)

My gosh FIFTY YEARS!!!!.....That is REALLY incredible!......Can anyone out ther beat Regnalbob?? (I highly doubt it!)

Probably not on this AOAI Forum, but I believe that there are still some original owners of 1963-1964 Avantis out there (the last that I knew).

Dave Bloomberg has owned his 1963 Avanti since 1963 and that is 52 years.

Amazing!...Well, unless someone bought their Avanti in 1962, I'd say Mr. Bloomberg is probably 'Senior Man' in terms of this survey!

Joe Parker from FL bought his 63 R1 new and still has it, driving it to the last National Meet in South Bend in 2012.

Joe Parker from FL bought his 63 R1 new and still has it, driving it to the last National Meet in South Bend in 2012.

Hats off to Mr. Parker!!.....Now, who bought his 1963 Avanti FIRST...Dave Bloomberg or Joe Parker???????????

(I never thought this survey would come down to the month and day of Avanti purchase in '62-'63!!!!!!!!!)

I believe that the SDC Director for the Southeast Zone still has the 1963 Avanti that he bought new.

I also believe that the first square headlight Avanti sold to the public is still with its original owners, but that would be a 1964 model.

I bought an untitled 1970 Avanti II in 1971. Still in the barn

It must have been in near-new condition when you purchased it!......what shape is it in now? (44 years later)

Well, I use it... At least did until 2006....long story

At around 140K, (1993) I lifted the body off and did a renovation, in and out... By 2000, it was road ready and within 2 years the paint on one side had a problem, which I couldn't fix (then), so the car was sidelined. In 2013, I licked the problem and got it repainted. Presently working on getting it back on the road...

• 2 weeks later...

I have owned the the Twin since 1975, Dad got it in 68..

So it's been 'in the family' for 47 years.....THAT'S GREAT!!!.....By the way, I looked your Avanti over at South Bend in 2007.....it's really beautiful!

• 5 weeks later...

I know that R-5051 was bought new by Bob Caser in October of 1963 and he still owns it. (The car was originally delivered to my family's dealership then traded to a dealer in NJ from whom Bob purchased it.)

I know that R-5051 was bought new by Bob Caser in October of 1963 and he still owns it. (The car was originally delivered to my family's dealership then traded to a dealer in NJ from whom Bob purchased it.)

That's really amazing dedication to a very unique car!

• 3 weeks later...

Uh, I've owned my 63 Avanti R2 for 3 months. My wife started talking to me again last week!

Sometimes, It is much easier to obtain forgiveness than permission.

Congrats!!....I'll bet in a few more months you'll be back in the 'big bed' again!!

• 4 weeks later...