Avanti car cover

SBCA96

Well Tom I am no authority on Moo Moo's or Taylor Swift; however, Taylor would look good in most anything and maybe nothing. Here are couple of pics. I bought from Summit $60 part 11115; decent quality especially for $60 and comes with plastic coated cable & lock to secure under auto if parked out over night on a trip.

The fit suits me, my various Corvette covers are too small for the Avanti. Maybe helps others size a cover

Joe

IMG_0595_zpsua9sshi5.jpg

IMG_0596_zpslueizrtu.jpg

I just received one from California Car Covers, I went online and also spoke to a rep. I have a 64R2 that is recently painted; took at the Greenwich Concours........Most Outstanding Sports Car 1944-1964" So I was very concerned about what lies against the paint. The cover for the Avanti fits perfectly. To accommodate the antenna they suggest removing the antennae and then making a mark and then punching a hole. After that using their plastic grommet you secure the hole as not to rip anymore. Also, they included an antenna cover. I did not order special "ears" to accommodate the side mirrors; felt that wasn't necessary; a good decision.

I am really happy with this product, pricey but the quality is amazing, they included grommets at the bottom sides by the door to tie down underneath frame

I have a California cover for my 76 Coupe that I'm very pleased with. I had bought a cover of the same material as Devildog's from Summit a couple of years earlier. While the cheaper cover was for an Avanti, it did tear in the rear corner as its a little tight when stretching it over the last corner of the car. I still use the cover for my 89 convertible. I will get another California cover whenever they have a sale on them as they fit very nice and roll up into a very compact roll. The California cover for the Avanti fits both coupe and convertible great. The mirror pockets are not necessary for the Avanti unless you have the flag type mirrors that were on the black anniversary models.

The 5th gen Camaro is HUGE, that would look like a Moo Moo on Tayor Swift ....

Tom

Tom, just for fun. I looked up the specs for Avanti and for current Camaro, and they aren't all that far apart:

Avanti is 192.4" long, 70.3" wide, and 53.8" high

5th gen Camaro (2010-15) is 190.5" long, 75.5" wide, and 54.2" high (extra width might allow length to fit OK)

3rg gen Camaro (1982-87) is closer at 192.5" long, 72.8" wide, and 50.2" high (probably a better fit on Avanti than 5th gen, but either might work)

Tom, just for fun. I looked up the specs for Avanti and for current Camaro, and they aren't all that far apart:

Avanti is 192.4" long, 70.3" wide, and 53.8" high

5th gen Camaro (2010-15) is 190.5" long, 75.5" wide, and 54.2" high (extra width might allow length to fit OK)

3rg gen Camaro (1982-87) is closer at 192.5" long, 72.8" wide, and 50.2" high (probably a better fit on Avanti than 5th gen, but either might work)

Wayne

Where are specs for Taylor Swift ? High Res pics of Taylor would be helpful

Joe

• 4 months later...

Interesting. I have both a 3rd Gen Camaro cover and a 4th gen Camaro cover. I guess this weekend I will try them.

I can tell you having both these cars next to the Avanti, the Avanti looks like a Miata by comparison, the Camaros

are quite wider, which makes the cover fitment seem impossible.

Since I posted this, my current cover has started to fall apart, and I ended up with a second Avanti, a 1969 which

had been owned by my dad. So now I need two covers, they have to be outdoor use.

I got a quote that was almost 250 a cover, which when you are buying 2 (well three, as I need one for my wifes 78

Camaro) it starts to approach a grand very quickly.

Tom

I just received one from California Car Covers, I went online and also spoke to a rep. I have a 64R2 that is recently painted; took at the Greenwich Concours........Most Outstanding Sports Car 1944-1964" So I was very concerned about what lies against the paint. The cover for the Avanti fits perfectly. To accommodate the antenna they suggest removing the antennae and then making a mark and then punching a hole. After that using their plastic grommet you secure the hole as not to rip anymore. Also, they included an antenna cover. I did not order special "ears" to accommodate the side mirrors; felt that wasn't necessary; a good decision.

I am really happy with this product, pricey but the quality is amazing, they included grommets at the bottom sides by the door to tie down underneath frame

I have the same cover and very happy with it. You get what you pay for.