Power Steering Ram Connections

Cowboy91

Somewhere in the workshop is a sheet of paper showing which ram hose connection is for the right and left turn hose hookup. Somewhere. I believe the upper connection is for the right turn hose from the valve and leaves the lower one for the left turn hose. Right? Wrong? Just did the rebuild on the ram and valve and have hopes of getting it together this weekend.

Wayne. Thanks. The CD parts/maintenance manual I have is totally not clear on this one. Today I happened to find a junk yard Lark with the power steering system (everything) in place, which was great to solve the problem, and some spare parts. Thanks for the come back.

Cowboy, give Jon Myers a call. He rebuilt the control valve on my 83. He will give you a sermon on what to do.

When you get it up and running be prepared for a little air in the lines. So, for a while there will a little glitch in the steering.

As Steve says the air will work its way out over time; however, if you crack the hose fitting loose a bit and actuate the ram you can clear much of the air...sort of bleed it.

Joe

Steve/Joe. Thanks for your input. I was able to clean up the ram and rebuild it, in fact I rebuilt both the Avanti and Lark (junk yard dog), installed and we are good to go. Have a small leak in the control valve but when I get the seal kit, a rebuild should do it. Now that the streeing is in I can tune the engine a bit and get an exhaust system on it. Once done it is on to the nightmarish sun roof, figure out a headline, put a new dash and radio in. Body work, window/door gaskets are at the bottom the list for now.