Under hood pad

cursed avanti

If you mean Hood Insulator / Hood Liner ... I used 3M #80 Adhesive  Spray.
I bought earlier the original styling material and lightly sewed the edges by hand so they don't come loose and hang. I also sprayed hole insulator with black spray.
I also bought a neat insulator for the future. They have ready one for Stude Avanti.
https://hoodliners.net/collections

Edited by Leo B

RQB3263/81/305 ..... THIS WAS discussed here recently about a month aga .... i used a product from 'AIRCRAFT SPRUCE AND SPECIALTY CO"

IT IS pressure sensitive adhesive,, peel and place..... check my posts ....BILL

RQB3263/81/305 ..... THIS WAS discussed here recently about a month aga .... i used a product from 'AIRCRAFT SPRUCE AND SPECIALTY CO"

IT IS pressure sensitive adhesive,, peel and place..... check my posts ....BILL....YES  SEE MY POST  FROM APRIL 30 .for all details

• 3 months later...

I tried 3M trim and adhesive and my insulator fell off as soon as the underhood temperatures rose.  Then I tried Gorilla glue spray adhesive and again first hot day and after driving for an hour the insulator fell off again.  I need something that will hold the insulator in place in these extreme temperatures.

5 hours ago, Jim S said:

I tried 3M trim and adhesive and my insulator fell off as soon as the underhood temperatures rose.  Then I tried Gorilla glue spray adhesive and again first hot day and after driving for an hour the insulator fell off again.  I need something that will hold the insulator in place in these extreme temperatures.

I used 3M #80 Adhesive Spray and works for me with original style full size insulator (from SI)

12 hours ago, Jim S said:

Did you use the HD adhesive, 3M number 8090?  3M makes two or three different similar products, but only the #8090 is designed to hold headliners and under hood pads.  Also, the instructions must be followed exactly.

6 hours ago, Skip Lackie said:

Did you use the HD adhesive, 3M number 8090?  3M makes two or three different similar products, but only the #8090 is designed to hold headliners and under hood pads.  Also, the instructions must be followed exactly.

I apologize. I misreported. 3M 80 is good for rubber and the like. I used German glue, which is intended for porous materials. I don't know if this is available in the US. Product is: Four Connect Spray Adhesive.
3M 8090 seems to be correct choice.
"Aerosol contact adhesive designed for bonding vinyl tops, heavyweight liners and hood silencer pads where high strength and heat resistance are needed."

Edited by Leo B