horn inop

wildfelr

There is a horn relay…probably under the hood but maybe under the dash.  Try tracing the wire back from the horns to it…it will either be under the hood or the wires will lead through the bulkhead between the engine and interior.  Don’t overlook the contacts and wiring in the steering column but the relay or the fuse (check the fuse box to see if there’s one located there) would be the easiest.                                                               

Hi Bill- While you're looking around, check the Steering 'Rag Joint'. There is a little brass contact in there- at the centre. Its function is to relay an earth either side of the rubber. Mine, shown here, I don't believe is as ought to be- bent up. Some people lose this little feller a or prefer not to bother with it, so they employ a 'jumper wire' to connect both flanges of the steering coupling.

32. 21Mar22 Steering box rag joint before removal 1.jpg

Edited by Zedman

RQB3263/811/303    AAAAW YES NOW it makes sense,,,,, and easy to check ....thanks   .... bill

On 5/19/2023 at 4:36 AM, 64studeavanti said:

FWIW, picture of correct rag joint with horn jumper.20230518_141629.thumb.jpg.09350e1d5b0ad92145dc0ce90b51af31.jpg

Aha ! looks like I only have a half of one !... Thanks for this photo. Good article here   https://www.nostalgicmotorcars.net/uploads/1/2/4/8/124888690/ragjoint_issue191.pdf

Edited by Zedman