Battery cables

Guest Larry Delazzer

Larry, if your '63 is a 100% 'show car', I'd do what AvantiFred suggests.

But if it's anything like an 'occasional' show car, with a lot of nice weather driving in between, then this might be a good time to switch to a TRUNK MOUNTED group 24 battery.

Get all that battery weight off the left front corner of your Avanti.....AND end up with a common, more dependable battery

I made this change on my own '63 years ago, and have never looked back!

(Just a thought!)

Edited by mfg

Guest Larry Delazzer

Thanks for input, I'll give Jon Myer a call. Saw Jon at SDC meet in St Louis this past week, should have asked him then but I hadn't yet been gigged for poor condition battery cables at the judging. (I thought they looked ok but I guess I

was wrong).

It's not a 100% show car but I kind of like correctness so I'll pass on the trunk battery, but thanks for the thought.

Thanks for input, I'll give Jon Myer a call. Saw Jon at SDC meet in St Louis this past week, should have asked him then but I hadn't yet been gigged for poor condition battery cables at the judging. (I thought they looked ok but I guess I

was wrong).

It's not a 100% show car but I kind of like correctness so I'll pass on the trunk battery, but thanks for the thought.

OK Larry,....Best of luck with your '63 Avanti!