Sorting Wires to Starting Solenoid and Voltage Reg

Fourward

1963 Avanti. There seems to be two wires , one thicker 12 gauge? and one 18? gauge joined together from the bundle near the starter solenoid, they are hot when I turn the key. Does the thick one go to the B on the voltage regulator? Where does the other one go? They are joined together with a female spade connector that doesn't have a connection. Separately, an 18 gauge wire with a connector that fits right on the starter solenoid seems to go there, but it doesn't get hot when I turn the key to start. Neutral safety switch? This car has power windows. Also, there is no wire to the positive side of the solenoid? I have the one that doesn't work on the negative side.

I have the shop manual with the wiring diagram.

I don't know why, but, the color of the wire doesn't always match the color in the shop manual wiring diagram. Good suggestion, though. Both wires from the alternator to the voltage regulator match, plus I get continuity. The wire #22 to the Ignition terminal is unknown, but I think if I get continuity between that wire and the one near the center of the engine compartment that goes on the distributor, I have my wire because they both meet at the ignition switch. The 12 gauge that goes to the B terminal is yellow, it should be black, but there are only two 12 gauge wires her, the other white that goes to the headlight and parking lights. I have another harness from a 63, that too has both white 12 gauge wires. My only qualm is that there is another wire joined to this 12 gauge, it seems to be involved with the power window relay? I wish I had a power window wiring diagram. Nothing in shop manual.???