complete serial number to body number and engine number cross reference list

Mark L

Has anyone created a complete list of each serial number Avanti produced that also lists the body number and engine number that were installed on that car when it left the factory, such as sitting down at the SNM, going through all the production orders, and transcribing the information?  I know about Bob Johnstone's website.  It has a lot of information, but it is not complete.

Edited by Mark L
correction

• Mark L changed the title to complete serial number to body number and engine number cross reference list

I found my August 2014 copy of Turning Wheels.  The article starts on page 24.  While it does have something similar to what I'm looking for, it doesn't have the data I need.

I'm specifically trying to identify the car serial number that body 63-RQ 1639 was installed on when it left the factory so I can order a copy of the production records (I probably should have just asked that).  My car is 63R-1204A and was delivered with body 63RQ-379, but now has body 63-RQ 1639.  I'd like to know how 1639 was painted and equipped when it left the factory.

Edited by Mark L

43 minutes ago, Mark L said:

I found my August 2014 copy of Turning Wheels.  The article starts on page 24.  While it does have something similar to what I'm looking for, it doesn't have the data I need.

I'm specifically trying to identify the car serial number that body 63-RQ 1639 was installed on when it left the factory so I can order a copy of the production records (I probably should have just asked that).  My car is 63R-1204A and was delivered with body 63RQ-379, but now has body 63-RQ 1639.  I'd like to know how 1639 was painted and equipped when it left the factory.

63 RQ-1639 could be a replacement body and never installed on a chassis from the factory.

By the number it’s a body supplied by Molded Fiberglass and as such it would have been delivered per contract with Studebaker painted.  South Bend built bodies started at body number 5001.