Dash clock replacement options?

Jred

I’d love by p get the clock in my dash operating again. Looks like a used replacement on eBay is very expensive and a couple places I’ve spoken to that will take the job on around $250 to fix what ever is wrong. Are  there any other suggestions from the forum?

The clock is the original veglia borletti. 

Here is what i bought a couple of years ago. Even is lit in red.

Had to rig a pushbutton under the dash to make setting it easier but works well

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Y9SY1DD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Avanticlock1.jpeg.81da2bbf5d5e33db968f319eba9eb1e4.jpeg

Edited by pantera928
add photo

That’s a nice one. Unfortunately it wouldn’t match my dash enough for my mental well being. The rest of my og gauges are in a more 60’s font. I’ll keep looking. I did find a post on another forum, Alfa Romeo’s I think, where the author exchanged the guts out from a modern version. 

6 hours ago, 64studeavanti said:

What does it cost to change the internals to a quartz movement? The p.o. did that to my 64 and it works great. 

Looks like a basic conversion is starting at $130. 
I did just come across a YouTube of a guy restoring a 1967 clock. He explained that most the time it’s the pints that burn up when the battery gets low. He showed how he restored the points and used a 1-2amp fuse in-line to the battery Incase the battery ever runs low. I may try to open up my clock to assess the situation if I get time. No pun intended 

• 3 weeks later...

Fonts, schmonts... why they hell do they have to advertise that it's a clock, Pantera? That's enough to make me not want that, though maybe I could use my existing face on it.

22 minutes ago, Ron Dame said:

Fonts, schmonts... why they hell do they have to advertise that it's a clock, Pantera? That's enough to make me not want that, though maybe I could use my existing face on it.

Well, it could be worse. They could have written "clock" in braille as well. I could say that it was designed for blondes but my wife would object.🤣