Placement of the gun sight hood ornament

pantera928

3 hours ago, mfg said:

Just place the ornament where Dwight says, then draw small circles around pins from underneath.

Thats exactly what I intend to do, thanks.

How are the pins secured? pushnuts?

If you have the ornament, cut a cardboard side out of your Cheerio box. Carefully push the four pins through the cardboard. Now that your ornament is flush with the cardboard, trace around it and cut it so the cardboard matches the ornament. Now you can lay the cardboard on the hood, measure back the right distance, and mark the four poked holes with a felt pen through the cardboard.  

Pushnuts work. Mike

13 hours ago, Footer said:

If you have the ornament, cut a cardboard side out of your Cheerio box. Carefully push the four pins through the cardboard. Now that your ornament is flush with the cardboard, trace around it and cut it so the cardboard matches the ornament. Now you can lay the cardboard on the hood, measure back the right distance, and mark the four poked holes with a felt pen through the cardboard.  

Pushnuts work. Mike

Thanks Mike. Great idea and simple. Now I just need to finish those Cheerios so I can use the box.🤣

On 2/3/2023 at 10:02 AM, Footer said:

Should be fine if you are installing a repo chrome piece. If you have an original, better stick with the Cheerios! Good luck. Mike

Darn. Good catch. I am installing an original. Off to the grocery store I go.🤣