two piece upper radiator hose

John D

my RQB2978 has a metal surge tank mounted off the thermostat, maybe to look like the Stude tank but of unknown origin. 

I want to return it to the original 2 piece hose setup. I have the fitting with the fill cap to go in the middle, and a chev thermostat housing should be easy, but does anyone have a number for the 2 hoses? 

Early Avanti II's came with an engine mounted surge tank. I am not sure when they stopped using them, but possibly yours is original. I know my '71 had one. Maybe others can comment on this. The two piece hose with metal tee and cap was offered as a conversion to replace tanks that had gone bad.

Edited by Randy Atkin

46 minutes ago, Randy Atkin said:

Early Avanti II's came with an engine mounted surge tank. I am not sure when they stopped using them, but possibly yours is original. I know my '71 had one. Maybe others can comment on this. The two piece hose with metal tee and cap was offered as a conversion to replace tanks that had gone bad.

I also purchased those two hoses from SI, as Jim78 did.

Edited by mfg

Thanks all, the tank is in ok condition, but there is a small paint blister in the hood where clearance is tight (was there when i bought it). The thermostat is starting to act up a bit so I figured I might as well convert it when I replace that.

16 hours ago, John D said:

Thanks all, the tank is in ok condition, but there is a small paint blister in the hood where clearance is tight (was there when i bought it). The thermostat is starting to act up a bit so I figured I might as well convert it when I replace that.

When you change over, you will need to add a coolant recovery bottle.  These may still be available from Nostalgic, or a generic one will work if you're not concerned about authenticity. 

4 hours ago, Jim78 said:

When you change over, you will need to add a coolant recovery bottle.  These may still be available from Nostalgic, or a generic one will work if you're not concerned about authenticity. 

thanks, but it already has one.