Trunk motor: Brand?

GaryBe

Good day everyone. I'm looking for any information for the Trunk motor (Pics attached)

The switch works great and is getting the correct voltage, but the motor isn't strong enough to open the lid.

Any help will greatly appreciated. 

Trunk3.jpg

Trunk5.jpg

Trunk6.jpg

Now that I see it, it looks exactly like a power DOOR actuator adapted to work the trunk. Anyways, it is a GM actuator. Look for DOOR actuators.

7 hours ago, brad said:

Now that I see it, it looks exactly like a power DOOR actuator adapted to work the trunk. Anyways, it is a GM actuator. Look for DOOR actuators.

Thank you Brad. I called Myers yesterday evening and was told it's an "actuator" and to try cleaning the contacts. Was told it either works or it doesn't. They have them in stock. I'm gonna try cleaning and see if it works any better, if not, new part time. 

From your description I am not sure exactly what the problem is. If the motor works but doesn't unlatch the trunklid and allow it to spring up, perhaps the latch catch (the steel rod thats bent into a "U" shape) is too tight and needs to be adjusted a bit. If not, peruse ebay for door actuators to see if you can find a match.