Avanti Reception!

mfg

The ability to have clear radio reception is unique for a '63 Studebaker Avanti, in comparison to other '63 Studebaker passenger cars, in two ways...what are those two ways?

Edited by mfg
added text

47 minutes ago, r1lark said:

Hmmm. Less radio interference from the ignition system due to the shielding on the ignition wires?

Can't really think of anything else...................:(

That's one for sure!... however there is one more radio reception item unique to the Avanti!

Condenser filter on the alternator.  I’m not sure if there was an additional one on the distributor…probably not since the distributor was covered by shielding.

There have been one attached to the radio itself.

5 minutes ago, Gunslinger said:

Condenser filter on the alternator.  I’m not sure if there was an additional one on the distributor…probably not since the distributor was covered by shielding.

There have been one attached to the radio itself.

Really not what I'm looking for here

(you may be correct though)

Any other thoughts here?

On 1/16/2023 at 5:33 PM, Gunslinger said:

It needed the ground strap or there would have been no effective ground plane for reception purposes.  A metal bodied car forms its own ground plane.

I can't let this go.  When 'Regnalbob' answered - I was going to say,  "Makes perfect sense"; except the original question was a little (shall we say) deceiving since we all know other Studes were METAL!  Just say'n🤥