Avanti horn button

Nelson

I'm tempted to say one..however I know of a button with larger STUDEBAKER CORPORATION print...just not sure if it was ever used on a production Avanti.

So, my guess is one!

Edited by mfg
Added text

13 minutes ago, Gunslinger said:

There was a first one that was seen in early Avanti promo ads and brochures.  I don't know whether it ever made into production cars...but if it did it must have been very few.  

True...I 'think' Nelson meant used in production though.

26 minutes ago, Dwight FitzSimons said:

I will guess two, the small-font one and the large-font one, with the large-font one being used later.

--Dwight

This question has  been raised in the past...The consensus at that time was that the large STUDEBAKER CORPORATION 'print' Avanti horn button was not used on any production Avantis....that info could possibly be incorrect though!

Edited by mfg
Added text

Well the next guess will be three. It’s been years ago but I had all of them collected and probably still do. My memory is foggy but there were at least three different ones. You would never notice at first glance but the difference are significant and mostly in the wording. I wonder if the three (or more) are listed separately in the parts manual? I’m not home to check.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Well the next guess will be three. It’s been years ago but I had all of them collected and probably still do. My memory is foggy but there were at least three different ones. You would never notice at first glance but the difference are significant and mostly in the wording. I wonder if the three (or more) are listed separately in the parts manual? I’m not home to check.

Three?..... Interesting!.....Definitely news to me!!