Fanned Avanti!

mfg

Just sharing what I have come across.   I have personally owned at least 4 real Super Larks over the years.  Not one of them had the fan shroud.  This doesn't mean that they didn't have them originally and were removed.  Also, because of my interest in these cars for the last 50 years, I have seen many R1 and R2 cars at car shows.   Very, very, very few had the fan shroud.   Based on this, I am "guessing" that the shroud was an option for these cars and many owners chose not to order one.  Again, just a guess.  

I am the second owner of my '64 Cruiser R1 (no A/C).  The first was a farmer who ordered it from Foley Motors in Harrisonburg, Va.  When it came in it lacked Twin Traction, which he had ordered.  He made Foley order one from the factory and install it.  I assume, being a farmer, he knew TT would come in handy on the farm.  Below, I have attached the production order.  Note that it does not list the fan shroud as an option.  Of course, this doesn't prove that the shroud wasn't added later.  The shroud looks like the one in R1lark's response above.  Possibly, these fan shrouds came on '64s R1/R2-powered Lark types but not '63s.

--Dwight

Cruiser 1964 sn_64V14340 (4j).jpeg