Avanti Stoppers!

mfg

False. Those are hood bumpers to keep the hood from being damaged and to level the leading edge of the hood with the nose panel. If you can level the hood and at the same time increase clearance between the engine and hood, so much the better. There's enough clearance between the hood and engine (R1 and R2) normally that there's room for the insulation blanket.

The front "bumper" on my 76 must have been set a little high as there were 4 hairline cracks in the paint right over the bumper location on the top surface of the hood. My body man saw this and adjusted the bumper down so the new paint won't crack.

The front "bumper" on my 76 must have been set a little high as there were 4 hairline cracks in the paint right over the bumper location on the top surface of the hood. My body man saw this and adjusted the bumper down so the new paint won't crack.

Probably could have gotten away with that mis-adjusted stopper with a steel hood,.........but fiberglass is a bit unforgiving when placed under constant stress. (Kind of like people!!)