LED

wildfelr

RQB3263/81/305  Is ready for new LED dash instrument panel bulbs...... What size and where do I  purchase ?? THANK YOU ALL AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS ...BILL IN FL

Look on Amazon.com…search for the number bulb and add LED to the search line.  Lots of available choices and colors will pop up.

Also…be advised…some LED bulbs are directional in how they mount…the current flows one way…if you don’t install them properly they won’t work until you reinstall them the other way.  I don’t believe that’s an issue with the dash bulbs or maybe any bulb used in an Avanti but is something to be aware of.

RQB3263/81   THANKS GUNSLINGER......I have done that and there are many many to choose from and cheap .....just need the oem bulb p/n  so I can order ....THANKS   and  HAPPY HOLIDAYS .... BILL in Fl

• 2 weeks later...

RQB3263/81..... I will let our friends in Duncan Falls, Oh  take care of that in the spring .... They keep them in stock and have the agility to install them.... along with rear disc brake kit and other things I will dream up  over the winter. 

BTW  I just ordered LED Head light  bulbs from SUPERBRITE..... 5000 LUMINS .. life time guarantee direct plug and play replacement for the H-4 halogen conversion I installed 10 yrs ago   pricy at $110 delivered..... HAPPY HOLIDAYS .....BILL in florida

• 5 months later...

When I converted my signal lights to LED they would not blink. I bought a flasher from NAPA that was supposed to work with LEDs, but it didn’t work either. Could have tried some different flashers but this was the only one NAPA had. I installed a resistor in line on each side and that solved the problem. The LEDs are definitely a little brighter. 

Replaced flasher in fuse block with a Novita EL12 purchased from autozone. Blinkers now working. LED taillights much brighter. Big safety improvement for about $30 total. Thanks for the tips. 

Only purchase the 5smd 96 lumen bulbs. The others will not be bright enough.

BA9s LED Bulb - 5 SMD LED Tower - BA9s Bulb | Super Bright LEDs

Use this dimmer...it is a pulse width modulator so it switches on off time to dim. A resistor will NOT work. 

AutoMeter 9114 AutoMeter LED Lighted Gauge Dimmers | Summit Racing

On 5/18/2023 at 4:40 PM, Gunslinger said:

If your car has cruise control…it may not work properly with LED brake lights.  

I had this exact problem! A found the solution after quick look through the troubleshooting section for my Global Cruise control:

"Installed LED tail lights and cruise control not working

Answer: When using LED tail lights, the violet wire at the cold side of brake will not read ground through the brake system. A five function relay will be required to let the violet wire read ground and then lose ground when the brake is applied. Connect the relay using the selected terminals below:

85 to cold side of brake (+12V when brake is pressed)

86 to ground

87 not used

87A to violet wire from cruise harness

30 to ground"

After spending about $14 at NAPA and 1/2 hr for install, I had my cruise control working again.

It's easy to forget that the "D" in LED stands for DIODE, and when installing LED lamps we're adding diodes into a circuit. Sometimes that may not cause a problem, and other times we're not so lucky. 

How does one access the red round console light just behind the white courtesy light? Can’t do it by removing the courtesy light. Want to replace with LED. Already done the others on console. Also, what turns on the two small round lights at the top of the console?

• 2 months later...

Follow up problem. Taillight LEDs working fine with digital flasher relay from autozone. Also put LEDs in backup lights and side markers. All work great. Then tried adding an LED to right front turn signal. Nothing. What is the problem? Is it too much to ask for LEDs front and rear? 

Two led bulbs, in each of front turn signals. Neither works. Maybe I need a different flasher on the fuse block. The Novita flasher from autozone works the led taillight turn signals but not with the LEDs in front as well. Hmmm