Throttle linkage

tanda62

On my 63 Avanti does anyone know what the second hole on the throttle linkage is for? The first hole is for the connection to the Sniper in my case, carb in original form. Speaking of which I am going to have to shorten this by about 1/2 inch in order to connect to the Sniper with the proper 17/62 spacing. Anyone else do this or did you change the linkage?
Thanks, Tom

Here is my solution for the throttle linkage with the Holley Sniper.  Bought a 1/4 - 28 thread stainless steel rod (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G3OIYMS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details) and this (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000COCRLO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) Dorman 41031 Throttle ball joint 1/4 - 28 thread.  I then cut down the rod to allow for the 17/64 throttle valve linkage gap.  To make this work I had to use the rearward hole and will use the forward hole for the return spring going to the top of the valve cover.  I painted the transmission link yellow to make it easier to see when everything is back together and it will be adjusted per the manual. One of these days this car will be back on the road and hopefully all this will work...

Tom

throttle solution.gif

On 11/12/2022 at 2:33 PM, tanda62 said:

On my 63 Avanti does anyone know what the second hole on the throttle linkage is for? The first hole is for the connection to the Sniper in my case, carb in original form. Speaking of which I am going to have to shorten this by about 1/2 inch in order to connect to the Sniper with the proper 17/62 spacing. Anyone else do this or did you change the linkage?
Thanks, Tom

That same throttle linkage was used on other 259-289 V8 Studebakers...The second hole was used for engines equipped with two barrel carbs.