My 83 was just delivered!!

GaryBe

Good day everyone. I just received my 83 this morning and I couldn't be more ecstatic!! 

I've been waiting a LONG time for this and I finally own one. I know, I know, I can hear everyone now "Careful what you wish for! (nudge, nudge, wink, wink)" But that's okay, I'm good with it. It's not perfect, but the Frame, Hog throughs and all underneath is solid as a rock and clean. The Body will need attention, but it's never been wrecked or any body type of damage. It will absolutely need a paint job and it will need little things to get it back.

It runs fine and I'll have all the fluids changed and do the normal checking of cylinder pressure, plugs and tune up.

The interior is in decent shape for a, soon to be, 40 year old car. it will need some TLC as well, but overall I think I bought well. I'm going to post another thread with all the Books and owners manuals and other Original paper work I got with the car too.

Avanti1.jpg

Avanti rear quarter.jpg

Avanti interior1.jpg

Avanti interior2.jpg

Avanti console1.jpg

Avanti overhead.jpg

How exciting for you, looks like your going to have a blast this winter getting it all ship shape. It never seems to be just one thing, once you start it is a constant thing after thing after thing...but is fun....

Gosh it's beautiful!...and with the red exterior...tan leather interior/with woodgrain and nardi steering wheel, it's like looking at a mirror image of my own '83!

Best of luck with your 'new' Blake Avanti!!!

4 hours ago, mfg said:

Gosh it's beautiful!...and with the red exterior...tan leather interior/with woodgrain and nardi steering wheel, it's like looking at a mirror image of my own '83!

Best of luck with your 'new' Blake Avanti!!!

Blake Avanti? I thought that started with 1984 and the plastic bumper covers

31 minutes ago, mfg said:

Yes, you'll likely never see an '83 Avanti with a "ll" emblem...I think that was Blake's first change!!

Interesting. I wonder how much money he saved by not putting those IIs on it?🤣