I saved an '85

Geoff

I grabbed the white one (VIN ending 4174) advertised on Facebook, at the end of August. She's an absolute 100% basket case but I am completely okay with that. I have many resto-mod plans. In September I bought a replacement frame, however I still need torque boxes.

Step 1 for me is: Treat it like a race car and gut her. The sunroof leaked, so much, but not all of the interior is trash quality.

Step 2 is next Spring: The engine, transmission, driveshaft, front suspension from wheels to control arms, and rear suspension from wheels through the differential will come up for sale.

I have the arm rest off, but how do the rest of the door panel items remove? The door handle, power door lock switch, and remote mirror controls are conspiring to give me an aneurysm.

16 hours ago, GeoffC312 said:

I grabbed the white one (VIN ending 4174) advertised on Facebook, at the end of August. She's an absolute 100% basket case but I am completely okay with that. I have many resto-mod plans. In September I bought a replacement frame, however I still need torque boxes.

Step 1 for me is: Treat it like a race car and gut her. The sunroof leaked, so much, but not all of the interior is trash quality.

Step 2 is next Spring: The engine, transmission, driveshaft, front suspension from wheels to control arms, and rear suspension from wheels through the differential will come up for sale.

I have the arm rest off, but how do the rest of the door panel items remove? The door handle, power door lock switch, and remote mirror controls are conspiring to give me an aneurysm.

Congrats on finding an '85...not too many of those around!

Yeah, I like the blended bumper Blake cars, and have missed opportunities over the last ten years. Finally something came up when I had the funds available.

I grabbed a frame out of a storage place in Utica. The owner had to clean out everything because they had to move out. It's just a stock '63 frame. In fact somewhere I have that Avanti's VIN stamp written down.