Damaged Halibrand or Real Rodders Wheel Available

tcgoesch

I am in the process of tooling up the Halibrand Style Wheels. I would love a set for my car and Reel Rodders seems to be unresponsive to all inquiries.

I would like to send a wheel to the engineers that are designing the wheels and spinners, but because these are so hard to find, I don't want to risk sending a good one  overseas having one get lost. I would gladly buy one that is damaged wheel as long as it is not folded over.

We hope to have these done by the first of 2023. We will make 200 pieces in the first run. Pricing will be very similar to Reel Rodders at this point. Is there another bolt circle diameter and set back that would appeal to owners of new Avanti's? We may be able to insert the tools to accommodate.

Let me know if you are interested. See first rendering from CAD model below.

Tom Goesch

Screen Shot 2022-10-08 at 12.17.24 PM.png

I don't think you need to go to the expense of doing the spinners. Dave Kinney has a guy that has made them and are excellent quality. Probably still available.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: Tooling and Prices

The tools for the wheels are nearly complete. I expect to have wheels by May 1st. The first wheels off of the tools should be available in Mid-April. We have worked out the pricing based on current tariffs and shipping. The cost will be $295 per wheel. The wheels will be polished on the outside rim and the recessed areas will be painted with a darker metallic gray to match the original wheels. The spinners will be provided by Dave Kinney at Endurance Products. The spinner price will be $425 per set of 4. He had previously tooled these and they look great. Call or email me with any questions.

Tom Goesch - tcgoesch@mac.com - 317-385-1184

A few years ago, in anticipation of more wheels becoming available from Real Rodders, I purchased a set of spinners from Jon Meyer.  I assume these will fit the wheels Tom is producing.  Please correct me if I am wrong.

And thanks for the update.  I'm ready to order when you are ready to take orders.

Hi, Tom. Thank you very much for staying with this project. These are much needed. 

A couple of quick questions: What width did you decide to go with? And also, do you know if inner tubes will be needed, or can a conventional tubeless tire valve stem be used.? And, finally, where in the U.S. will you be shipping customers' orders from. Again, my thanks. John. 

John, wheels will be 6 inches wide. No tubes required as they will be made for tubeless valve stems and tires. I will be shipping from the Indianapolis area.

Tom Goesch

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2023 at 11:01 PM, rhusak said:

By any chance do you have a feel for price yet?

Tom listed his price in the 17th post in this thread!