Leno Avanti?

mfg

There _WAS_ an Avanti I had wanted to float his (and/or Tim Allen's) direction … Too bad it wasn't my decision, and patience wasn't this person's strong suit.

1 hour ago, GeoffC312 said:

There _WAS_ an Avanti I had wanted to float his (and/or Tim Allen's) direction … Too bad it wasn't my decision, and patience wasn't this person's strong suit.

63R1025 ?

11 hours ago, Nelson said:

I think Leno did say he would like to have a Super Lark.

Yes, now I remember....he evaluated an R2 '63 Daytona along with two other cars on a segment of one of his TV shows along with Donald Osborne.

Yep. I had bigger visions, though it would have taken a little longer which would have been fine because I was willing to put more time and effort into it.

YouTube THE DRIVE channel and Mike Musto's show "Big Muscle," and TheSmokingTire channel with Matt Farah's show "One Take." Get a larger audience. Put everything out there.

On 10/9/2022 at 10:03 AM, mfg said:

Yes, now I remember....he evaluated an R2 '63 Daytona along with two other cars on a segment of one of his TV shows along with Donald Osborne.

I think he also mentioned wanting a Super Lark when he toured the Studebaker National Museum. 

22 hours ago, GeoffC312 said:

Yep. I had bigger visions, though it would have taken a little longer which would have been fine because I was willing to put more time and effort into it.

YouTube THE DRIVE channel and Mike Musto's show "Big Muscle," and TheSmokingTire channel with Matt Farah's show "One Take." Get a larger audience. Put everything out there.

Yes, that Avanti certainly was one of a kind...Hopefully it will be properly restored by its new owner, and displayed for all to enjoy!

Yes, when he was on a tour of the Studebaker National Museum he said that he would like to own a Super Lark/Daytona one day, but so far, has no Studebaker in his collection.   (By the way, he was driven to the museum from his downtown South Bend hotel with me and Don Lindner, in Don's 2007 Avanti). 

IMG_0024.JPGIMG_0031.JPGIMG_0065.JPGIMG_0070.JPGIMG_0093.JPGIMG_0103.JPG