Avanti Rotor!

mfg

2 hours ago, pantera928 said:

So I guess that did not include the hub since the bolt pattern is different.

They indeed included the GM hub...then used adapter plates to convert bolt pattern.

• 2 months later...

Okay, whoa. Wait a second. I haven't gotten into the deep tear down on my car, but you mean to say there are 5 on 4.75" rotors on Blake Avantis, and then an adapter mounted on top to revert to the 5 on 4.5" pattern?

I'm converting to 5 on 4.75" when I switch to C4 'Vette suspension, but next spring I'll find the tear down a little more interesting.

Now to bring relevance from mfg's original post: If anyone wants 1985 front rotors, I will have two takeoffs I will not need.

1 hour ago, GeoffC312 said:

Okay, whoa. Wait a second. I haven't gotten into the deep tear down on my car, but you mean to say there are 5 on 4.75" rotors on Blake Avantis, and then an adapter mounted on top to revert to the 5 on 4.5" pattern?

I'm converting to 5 on 4.75" when I switch to C4 'Vette suspension, but next spring I'll find the tear down a little more interesting.

Now to bring relevance from mfg's original post: If anyone wants 1985 front rotors, I will have two takeoffs I will not need.

Hi Geoff..yes, Avanti definitely used adapters to convert the GM bolt pattern to 'Stude Style'!

There was a factory recall...the earliest adapters were made of aluminum and developed cracks  in use......The later adapters (as on my '85) are made of steel.