AIR DAM/CHIN SCOOP/FRONT SPOILER

wildfelr

RQB3263/81/305 .... WELL after a long (7 or 8 year) search for the front spoiler has arrived.... I was contacted by the original manufacturer in Pennsylvania who had the mold and one part... It just arrived very well packaged and appears perfect with brackets etc....so when 3263 comes home from paint touch up etc.  I will have a project installing  it... I will post pics here when that happens...... attached are pics of  2 Florida Avanti with this spoiler installed  for reference.....   Later Gator...BILL

004B.JPG

004A.jpg

004.JPG

RQB3263  YES VERY possibly ...  I will  post his email here.... and you can discuss it with him....if he gets enough interest maybe ..... BILL

PICS as promised...... basically a full day to get to this point.... remember no two Avantis  are the same dimensionally they are custom built and I  believe there build tolerance was 1/4 inch+-.... so a part fabed to fit one  may or may not fit perfectly..... then you add in differences caused by collision repairs and other mods made over the long life of Avanti and you could end up with a struggle .or an easy afternoon..... This installation was somewhere in between......I will get it back on the road maybe later today for the  SDC event in Gainesville, Fl this weekend....then it has to come apart to be painted the same color as the car ........not a big deal.....HAPPY MOTORING.... BILL

IMG_2348.jpg

IMG_2349.jpg

YES, YES, AND YES....the front turn signals are now mounted in the nerf bar/cow catcher shock tube and the orig turn signal light replaced the one on the side of the fender they are slightly larger and wired to function as turn sig.....when I had the car painted 8 yrs ago I did the removal of everything and decided it looker better without the bumpers ect ... good decision and probably saved me thousands $$.. the new 56 caddy air cleaner cover is cool but not without modification to make it clear the low Avanti hood line ..... BILL

IMG_1697.JPG

IMG_2233.jpg

RQB3263/81/305 ..... Installed with about a dozen 3/16 machine screws with OD washers and SS nyloc nuts...... removal will take me about 10 min .... No brackets .... BILL

RQB3263/81/305 ....... GOOD AFTERNOON ALL ....I just returned from the SDC/AVANTI zone meet in Gainesville, fl...and amongst other things the spoiler got numerous positive comments ....I am happy ....as for the method of installation... I studied  it and decided the 10-32 machine screws (#10 aircraft bolts 10 each in my case cuz I got plenty)  was the best and easiest for my install... others may take a different approach but it worked well for me and is easily removable tomorrow to go to the paint shop.... i will post a finished pic after paint and re-installation and then I can move on to my next Avanti project.... possibly VOGUE GOLD LINE tires.....you-all have a good day...keep up the good work ....BILL