Magnum 500 center caps

pantera928

Avanti Motors used the stock Magnum 500 cap.  Check out Summit Racing or Jegs...they list the caps.  They came in several styles depending on whether it going to Ford, AMC, Chrysler or Avanti Motors which used the generic "Magnum 500" center cap.

2 hours ago, Gunslinger said:

Avanti Motors used the stock Magnum 500 cap.  Check out Summit Racing or Jegs...they list the caps.  They came in several styles depending on whether it going to Ford, AMC, Chrysler or Avanti Motors which used the generic "Magnum 500" center cap.

I have done extensive searches for a generic and/or Avanti specific center cap and have come up empty. THere are some tri-spinner caps that say Magnum 500 0n them but that is as close as I have found

There's no specific Avanti center cap...the generic Magnum 500 cap was used.  This is what was used...

image.jpeg.e3df43eb4dda51ab9b7044b15ac6cb89.jpeg

Later...aftermarket vendors had center discs made with the Avanti logo you could glue in.  

14 hours ago, Gunslinger said:

There's no specific Avanti center cap...the generic Magnum 500 cap was used.  This is what was used...

image.jpeg.e3df43eb4dda51ab9b7044b15ac6cb89.jpeg

Later...aftermarket vendors had center discs made with the Avanti logo you could glue in.  

And I would be happy to find that one. All that have that logo are tri-spinner type.

Are the Avanti labels still around?

1 hour ago, pantera928 said:

And I would be happy to find that one. All that have that logo are tri-spinner type.

Are the Avanti labels still around?

Summit Racing has a few that will fit but the one that Gunslinger posted is on back order. You could try Jegs and any number of the usual suspects.

The center Avanti script add-on were available at most of the Studebaker vendors a while back but have become hard to find lately. I found a set on Ebay a while back.

They look like this.

20220908_145338.jpg

20220908_145541.jpg

6 hours ago, Jim78 said:

The logo buttons were also available with a silver background, which I prefer on my Magnum 500s.  They fit perfectly in the recess of the center cone or spinner.

DSCF7524.JPG

Would love yo find a set of decals like that

17 hours ago, pantera928 said:

Would love yo find a set of decals like that

They aren't decals.  They are plastic buttons about 3/32" thick, with an adhesive tape backing.  I installed mine with silicone adhesive about 10 years ago, and they've held up really well.   I do have a couple of spares, JIC.  I recall getting them from Studebaker International at the York Swap meet many years ago.  They had both "silver on black" and "black on silver" types.  Personally, I prefer these. 

Avanti logo buttons.jpg

13 hours ago, Jim78 said:

They aren't decals.  They are plastic buttons about 3/32" thick, with an adhesive tape backing.  I installed mine with silicone adhesive about 10 years ago, and they've held up really well.   I do have a couple of spares, JIC.  I recall getting them from Studebaker International at the York Swap meet many years ago.  They had both "silver on black" and "black on silver" types.  Personally, I prefer these. 

Avanti logo buttons.jpg

Those are the ones I would like to find also

• 1 month later...

I purchased some of the silver color medallions pictured above from Meyers Studebaker about 5 years ago.  They had some left then.  They hold up well in the center of my mag 500s