63 R2 4spd car wanted

Greengoose55

A friend has a 63 R2 4 speed Avanti. It’s an aggressive project but thought I’d run it by you. Missing engine and transmission. California car so solid frame. Poor interior. Needs about everything. Has clean title. If you have an interest I can get you a price or put you in touch with the owner. It is a rough car but is/ was an R2 4 speed.

• 4 weeks later...

For Sale – 1963 Studebaker Avanti, R-2, new Tremec T-5 transmission. Original T-10 transmission and driveline goes with the car. Car has been completely restored including the frame. Driven 1,283 miles since restoration. Have all of the invoices. Reason for selling, owners ages. Sale price $50,000. Call Jim Rapp at 307-752-1518 or email jimsavanti@vcn.com.

image.thumb.jpeg.89e1901b0cd470cd359a3098708d7e54.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I'm just finishing up a 63 r2 4speed. It was a body off in 73 with original drive train rebuilt.  Parked unfinished 30 years. Next owner spent 10 years assembling with nos parts and have up. I bought it early this yr and finished it.  Every part is new old stock and correct.  The downside its not original color but close. It was painted in 74 Ford anniversary diamond metallic. All those years of storage .it has a bunch of chips filled in by previous owner.  I have wet sanded and buffed them all. Noticeable from 3 ft I want 45k. I had the power steering valve rebuild all new hoses. Carb rebuilt. New supercharger was purchased years ago and never Installed. It is all correct I have the build sheet. Only the wheels are incorrect but they sort of resemble the Halibrands. PO bought them. Frame is painted everything is new appox 300 mi on the car since finished.  I have been restoring cars and buildings all my life I'm 73 and just do it fir fun. This car was completely stripped of parts in 73 everything was painted.  Runs perfect, needs nothing. Does not overheat.  I recently finished the heat as it was never reinstalled.  Works perfect. Even the clock runs. The valve covers are cast polished aluminum aftermarket the PO installed. There are also no leaks. Today I installed the new Avanti carpet pads I had custom made. All the glass is nos too. I have a drive on lift so pics are easy. I know the car in this condition is worth more. I'm not in business this is a hobby that why I want $38,000

.717 3623477 in central pa 

IMG_20220717_172036_374.jpg

IMG_20220918_153957_869.jpg

20220725_151230.jpg

IMG_20220717_172036_299.jpg

Edited by rufcar
Additional info

• 4 months later...