Blower oil question

rufcar

My recently acquired 63 r2 4 speed came with the blower attached and unfinished. The PO said it came in a box when he mounted it and had no idea of the blue colored oil in it?

I need to add some more hydraulic fluid and I wanted to match what is in it. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? Im guessing snow plow hydraulic fluid as it is the only one I know that is blue. It works but it low. It is down to the bottom line. I have it in stock as that is what I use on my Myers hydraulic snowplow pump. 

Anyone thoughts please? Tkx Jim f 

avanti engine new.jpg

I guess as usual I'm answering my own questions! lol  I found out there used to be a blue fluid as one of my drag race friends told me he used to use many years ago.

Plus after further research It might be best to suck it all out with my hand pump and just install the Ford type F and be done with it. My Drag race friend owns a huge automatic transmission shop and didn't see any problem mixing the Ford fluid to what I have but I believe its better to take out as much and just add the new and be done with it. Just like every transmission where you don't get the fluid out of the Taurus when you drain it. It is always a mix of new with old.  

Leo, they came with the car. But as the saying goes for every action there is a reaction. I had a hell of time mounting the blower parts. Though not on this picture I turned a special extension to mount the blower chrome bracket to the valve covers. Since these are square they take up the space the air filter and hoses normally fit. But i did get it all in and the bracket underneath that mouths to the one exhaust header bolt too. I have it all apart today again as I am mounting the power steering belt and re mounting everything else. 

I have several large syringes I use for filling or emptying small containers. I added a small hose and sucked out all the blue fluid fluid and pushed in the F type. A local friend who I didnt know once owned 4 of these told me its extremely important to keep them clean inside and change fluid every 2 years or 2500 mi. He suggested I drive it now maybe 10 miles and flush it all out again. He is an engineer so I know they go to extremes. With my system it does not take very long and is very easy. 

B & M Trick-Shift fluid the original type, not the synthetic. It's better than type F. That is what is in your blower now. It's blue. Someone knew what they were doing. It is a type F actually, but better suited for high speeds, and anti foaming, and heat tolerant. Most type F you can buy now days is so off brand that I wouldn't trust it.  

Not in power steering systems. They need the slippery lube of power steering fluid. Not transmission fluid. But yeah, in the powershift and superchargers it is good.