1963 Avanti Rear Seat Back removal?

1963 UFO

From memory you lift the bottom section up at the front and that should release that section.

That should expose the  bottom of the top section and there should be 2 screws to undo. Once undone lift the top section up and it should release.

Pb

19 hours ago, 1963r2 said:

From memory you lift the bottom section up at the front and that should release that section.

That should expose the  bottom of the top section and there should be 2 screws to undo. Once undone lift the top section up and it should release.

It has been years since I removed the back seat, but I recall that removing the upper portion is done as previously stated ,by removing the two bolts at the bottom of the upper portion, and then you slide the back cushion DOWN, to free it from the the two metal clips that secure the upper portion of the back seat  to the the panel between the gas tank and the upper portion of the back seat.

Edited by John Brissette

The fun begins after the seat is removed. If memory serves me well there are 28 screws to remove the fiberglass panel behind the seat. Normally some of the Rivnuts have pulled out of the fiberglass and will need repair.

John C.

If the panel between the seat and gas tank has never been removed there should be sealer slathered over the screws and edges of the panel that will be fun to scrape off to get the panel removed.