Rear armrests and sail panels

DaytonaR2

I am trying to remove the rear sear armrests to reupholster but other than three crews I see no other attachment points.   What am I missing?   Also what holds the rear sail panels to the body other than the side rear windows?  Any picture perhaps

For the armrests, the only screws are the three screws in the front, but there are also two spring clips on the underside of the armrest that go into two holes on the fiberglass panel the top of the armrest (the part you rest you arm on) sits on.  Once you have removed the screws, you should be able to pull the armrest off by lifting it straight up.

For the sail panels, what holds them on is glue.  I used DAP Weldwood.  Be warned though, the vinyl ends wrap around the window openings for the rear window and the quarter windows.  To do a proper job of reupholstering, you are going to have to take those windows out.  Once you've glued the new sail panels in, the windows will get reinstalled, and the sealing compound you waterproof the windows with will go over the vinyl where it wraps around, underneath where the rubber weather seals will be.

I just finished redoing my interior.  Sorry I didn't take any photos though.

Edited by Billy Shears

• 3 months later...

I have my car almost totally stripped down getting ready for paint (still have to pull the windshield and rear window but everything else is off).  The interior was very bad so I purchased new boards and all new interior.  My question is in what order should the interior go back together?