Drivers door window

wildfelr

RQB3263/81/305 ..... while raising drivers door power window it made a loud clunk and the window dropped like a Gaitan and disappeared down into the door  ....I have an appointment next Wednesday  with L&S TRIM to remove the door interior panel..... What  do you all think I will find ??   THANKS ...... BILL...(see you all in Gainesville in Sept)

RQB3263/81    YES I did ...the last problem was the window jumped past and got hooked on the down stop angle... same window.... probably just another couple hundred bucks.... aaaaarg

21 hours ago, wildfelr said:

RQB3263/81    YES I did ...the last problem was the window jumped past and got hooked on the down stop angle... same window.... probably just another couple hundred bucks.... aaaaarg

You can't put a price $ on a Good Time!😳

On 7/22/2022 at 10:28 AM, pantera928 said:

I would guess a roller came off the track somehow. Didn't you have other window trouble recently?

Sounds like it. There are two rollers on the top of the regulator that ride in the track attached to the bottom of the window. If one comes out of the track, your window will most likely jam. If they both come out, then the window will drop rapidly into the inside of the door. Once you get the door panel off, you (or your mechanic) can look top down into the two sides of the door, or through the bottom access opening of the door and figure it out. I've had issues with both front windows due primarily to parts wearing out from age.

RQB3263/81    THANKS ...actually thats encouraging ..... I JUST GOT 4 ROLLERS FROM Steven Cade here in N Florida..... so if thats the problem Wednesday should be a good day..... If it fixes the left I may go ahead and do the right side before I forget how ...... THANKS .... BILL

RQB3263/81 .... Well we got the drivers  door panel off today ... thats all the good news for today .... It appears the regulator has suffered some kind of a failure ... so I am looking to buy a new regulator complete with motor.... so along with looking to buy I am also looking for guidance .... (help)... I am now also the proud owner of 14 little orange rollers that I will probably never use .... you all please keep in touch ....BILL   RQB3263

OH WOW THANKS..... it looks like this is the way to go and the video is great ....thanks again.... RQB3263 and I appreciate this tremendously 

RQB3263/81/305 ... i JUST WATCHED THE VIDEO ON THE INSTALLATION OF THE nEW rELICS POWER WINDOW REGULATOR KIT INSTALL.... (Sorry for screaming but I am a happy camper with this info)...does any one else have experience installing/purchasing this kit ?? please jump in here .... thanks ....BILL IN FL 386-466-6424 CELL

7 hours ago, wildfelr said:

RQB3263/81/305 ... i JUST WATCHED THE VIDEO ON THE INSTALLATION OF THE nEW rELICS POWER WINDOW REGULATOR KIT INSTALL.... (Sorry for screaming but I am a happy camper with this info)...does any one else have experience installing/purchasing this kit ?? please jump in here .... thanks ....BILL IN FL 386-466-6424 CELL

This is some comments on how I did mine on my 74. There are a few helpful hints that the earlier install video didn't have.

https://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/forum/your-studebaker-forum/tech-talk/108773-avanti-nu-relics-power-window-installation

Edited by Avanti83

RQB3263/81    WELL i JUST ORDERED A SET (R&L)  power window regulators from Nu-Relics .....and with the videos  and help here ....I am happy to solve this problem forever

I hope to have them all done by Sept Meet here in Gainesville, fl.... THANKS again to all and for sure please keep in touch.... Happy  BILL

On 7/28/2022 at 5:43 PM, wildfelr said:

RQB3263/81    WELL i JUST ORDERED A SET (R&L)  power window regulators from Nu-Relics .....and with the videos  and help here ....I am happy to solve this problem forever

I hope to have them all done by Sept Meet here in Gainesville, fl.... THANKS again to all and for sure please keep in touch.... Happy  BILL

that's funny, I had a (aftermarket Electric-Life) right window lift fail, and bought a pair of these from Bob Ziff. But I bet I'll need one for the left soon enough.Note Bob's price is WELL below the online price direct from NuRelics. (RQB2978 btw)

RQB3263/81/305.... MY Nu-Relics  R&L reg. motor assy. due in today Tuesday..... so I decided to go ahead and remove the old one based on the you-tube video which ive watched at least 3 times...... very helpful ....so here is the up date on the old removal........good news with the door panel off and battery disconnected ...ONE HOUR  to remove having not done it before ...... what may have helped is it came out in two pieces.... I suspect that disconnect was the source of the failure.... A couple things not defined in the video...(1) the upper roller #3 I managed to get the clip off with needle nose pliers and a very small screwdriver.... I have now removed the upper track (two more 7/16 wrench bolts).... It would appear that is the only way to install the new roller....BTW  it appears it was all lubed with white lithium grease from the factory (bad idea) (2) there are only 2 wires to the motor a red and a yellow ..i am sure the diagram will address this  (3)  there are several wires  running along the bottom of the inside  below all this monkey motion that I have no idea where they go and are not part of this power window assy as best I can tell....  NEXT I will trim the fiberglass part inside the door (5 minutes)  .... remember the good news....one hour if you have never done a removal before.....BILL

RQB3263/81/305....11PM....i received my NU-RELICS motor/regulator kit at 6pm today.....the kit is fine.... first test all the way up and down just fine.....but after that only up 3 inches......ive had it in and out a couple times ...i  think the bleeding has stopped .....try  again tomorrow....BILL

RQB 3263.....Well it all works fine now....I think a wire was stuck in the gear segment ....anywat door panel going on today and pass panel being removed.....this project could be finished tomorrow........ is there any value in the 2 old reg/motor take-outs I have ??? I would actually like to trade them for the front spoiler Ive been looking for....BILL

004B.JPG

RQB3263..... POWER WINDOW PROJECT FINISHED...... the NU-RELICS reg/kit worked just fine..... FYI....masking tape will not hold the window up when disconnected.... use duck tape....... use an 90 degree angle /air grinder  w/ a 3' cutting wheel to cutaway the fiber glass web for clearance on the motor.... do replace roller on track bar two bolts easy 5 min..... BTW ... I now have both R&L oem running when removed reg./motor assys. for sale or trade ....see you all in Gainesville in Sept...... BILL