tire recommendations

tanda62

I am about ready to get tires for Ava my 63.  What came off her were GR78-15 with a Section Width of 8.4" and Diameter of 28".  I have 16x6 wheels from Rocket Racing and looking around it seems a 205/70 R16 tire would be a close match with a Section Width of 8.2" and Diameter of 27.3". This car will be a daily driver in North Florida so no "winter" driving.  I am also putting in electric steering, have Turner disc all around and flanged axles. 

So with all that information, does anyone have a recommendation for tires?  Does this size make sense? I have looked at Continental ContiProContact and Firestone Destination LE2.  Anyone mount these?  Any others someone is using?

Thanks for your help,

Tom

RQB3263/81/305    Iam currently running 205/60R/16 on Mustang wheels in N Florida (Melrose)..... and am contemplating Vogue gold line as I saw several at Indy last Aug and they look great....If I go that route my existing tires will be available ,... there in excellent cond ... and prob pretty cheap...the Vogue tires only come in 215/60/16 ....google them

a deal with you may be just the push I need to order the Vogues for RQB3263 if your intrested my cell 386-466-6434.... available for inspection most anytime ....I will be in Lake City this afternoon Tuesday at cruise in weather permitting ...... BILL

IMG_E0065.JPG

RQB3263    I just checked closely and have 4 Bridgestone Ecopia  and my spare is a Cooper all 205/60R16 and excellent .. 205s will fit in the spare well i hope the 215s will also.....later Gator

RQB3263     FYI    205/60R16   25.7 dia   and 80.72 circumference   (Cooper/Bridgestone)

225/60R16    26.61  dia   and  83.58 circumference   (Vogue)

RQB3263      NO i HAVENT BUT i WILL NOW .....SOMEWHERE i WAS TOLD ONLY VOGUE makes them but ill check it out thanks

RQB3263     NEITHER OF THOES HAVE THE WHITE/GOLDLINE LIKE VOGUE ....MY BRIDGESTONES HAVE MANY MORE THOUSANDS MILES LEFT KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK  .....BILL