Choke Housing

Andrew Maszczak

Hi Andrew, Take a look on ebay and 3721 AFB carbs from 62 thru 65 Corvettes. You can use the choke housing from one of these. You will have to fill about a 3/32 hole on the rear with epoxy and the brass tubes over the choke are slightly longer. You can shorten the tubes with a Dremel tool if you like but I think it will work fine as is. Other than that they look and function the same.

Good luck with it,

John C.

20 hours ago, Andrew Maszczak said:

Hi all.

My choke housing has issues where the vacuum line attaches and can't get a good seal.  AFB - 3726s.  Does anyone know if there is an easy replacement part out there somewhere. 

That is not a vacuum line.

The line provides warm air to the choke from the exhaust cross-over passage in the intake manifold.

Choke.thumb.jpg.ea9e88b382f1f4a68d4ab6bf4073a523.jpg

Edited by regnalbob

15 hours ago, John C said:

Hi Andrew, Take a look on ebay and 3721 AFB carbs from 62 thru 65 Corvettes. You can use the choke housing from one of these. You will have to fill about a 3/32 hole on the rear with epoxy and the brass tubes over the choke are slightly longer. You can shorten the tubes with a Dremel tool if you like but I think it will work fine as is. Other than that they look and function the same.

Good luck with it,

John C.

Thank you.  I'll have a good look.  That is really helpful.  Will let you know what I can find

• 2 months later...

So...I have since discovered that the choke housing is shared with ford.  From a 1958 Ford.

Called a thermostatic control.  Part numberB8A-9850-B.  Found one on e-bay for about $60.00US. 

Unlike old mate who is selling one that is match to a HEMI for some $450.00.