AIR DAM/FRONT SPOILER/ CHIN SCOOP

wildfelr

RQB 3263/81/305 ......I have been for several years now trying  to acquire  one of the fiberglass chin scoops seen on several Avanti ( two here in Fl).....having located the original manufacturer (George) in Tenn. and  actually going  there  last Thursday to meet him and buy one.... all unsuccessfully..... so even with an extra 350 miles added to my trip I still am no closer to purchasing a scoop..... this by the way includes at very least a dozen phone calls.....  SOOO...I am attaching 3 pics of the scoop I am looking for with hope an Avanti owner may have a spare I can purchase...... If you can help me .... BILL IN FLORIDA....386-466-6434.... THANKS

004.JPG

004A.jpg

004B.JPG

well I have been in touch with and visited the home of the original MFG in Tenn a couple days ago he cant find the parts or the mold... he has barns falling down full of stuff so im not surprised .....i will keep searching and post here you do the same....when I was at his house last thursday I was soooo close but no cigar....BILL in Fl  386-466-6434 cell 

Bill

Have you thought of mocking one up and laying fiberglass on the pattern to make one. Worked for the cowl induction on my 74.

I've watched the folks on Texas Metal do that several times by making a pattern, covering it with flannel and impregnating it with resin. Then using fiberglass for strength and finishing it as they would any body work.

Edited by Avanti83

OH Yes..... I have done much fiberglass in the last 40  yrs...building several complete hot rods with and without a mold and many many individual parts.... to do this part is not that big a deal about a weeks work and $$ materials ..... ive done it before and now at 77 would be a last resort.... thats why I trying to get the mold or better yet a finished  part from  George in Tenn. the original guy who id bet a weeks salary they are in one of his multiple storage barns/units etc.....even traveling there to search was un successful ....so close yet sooo far....  if any one has any ideas call me ....BILL RQB3263/305 IN Florida ....386-466-6434 cell