AVX 1 in Milwaukee

lschuc

On the way home from last week's Milwaukee 60th anniversary meeting, we grabbed a a few photos after exiting I-55, and promptly had to wait for a the very long freight train of coal cars.
We got off Interstate 55 and headed to historic route 66 into Carlinville, Illinois for the last leg of the trip to get some scenic photographs.
This first two shots are while waiting for a train to pass heading into Carlinville, Illinois. The next two shots are in Staunton, Illinois by a old shop. There is an old 1962 Lark along the building. The final two shots in Staunton show the car along Illinois Route 4 in front of the Historic Route 66 signs at the corner of Pearl and Hackman streets. Last photo is getting gas for the last time in Glen Carbon, Illinois, off of Interstate 270, about 35 miles from home.
Before leaving the gas station, a younger guy took a photo of the car with his phone and asked about it, and an older guy asked about the car and I handed him one of the informational cards about AVX 1!

IMG_9029.jpeg

IMG_9032.jpeg

IMG_9036.jpeg

IMG_9037.jpeg

IMG_9039.jpeg

IMG_9044.jpeg

That was the car in the hotel lobby.  Looking at these pictures reminds me that Avanti was still ahead of it's time!