LLumar clear ceramic window tint

pantera928

Have any of you tried using clear tint on your Avantis? A local shop told me that the curve of the rear glass might make it impossible to tint.

I am trying to reduce heat but not visibility so the A/C won't struggle so much in the Summer.

Thanks

Find another tint shop.

When I moved to AZ I discovered I needed to get my Avanti's windows tinted. The first few tint shops I went to told me they wouldn't do it because the rear window would be too difficult. One told me they would do it only if I removed the window and brought it to them. (umm, no thanks). Finally I found a shop that would do the job at a reasonable price. It turned out great but they did say it was difficult. 

15 hours ago, AD said:

Find another tint shop.

When I moved to AZ I discovered I needed to get my Avanti's windows tinted. The first few tint shops I went to told me they wouldn't do it because the rear window would be too difficult. One told me they would do it only if I removed the window and brought it to them. (umm, no thanks). Finally I found a shop that would do the job at a reasonable price. It turned out great but they did say it was difficult. 

Thanks for the response. I will do that.

You might find the tint shops less afraid of the rear window if you were to remove the rear shelf (not a big deal).  The additional access through the trunk would make the installation a lot easier.

4 hours ago, Jim78 said:

You might find the tint shops less afraid of the rear window if you were to remove the rear shelf (not a big deal).  The additional access through the trunk would make the installation a lot easier.

Good point. Thanks

Here in Phoenix, the UV rays add to the misery of our summer heat. Thanks to a recommendation from AOAI legend Dale Sexton, I found a shop that specializes in minimizing UV penetration. Not a single problem with doing the back window, plus I had them do the windshield as that small band of tint at the top doesn't do much. Removing your headliner and installing some insulation to the underside of the roof will help lower heat transfer. Also plug penetrations between the engine compartment and the cabin to minimize engine heat transfer. All these things have helped my ride, in spite of a rather weak AC system designed decades ago.

Tint.jpeg

Edited by Desert Driver

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 7:44 PM, Desert Driver said:

Here in Phoenix, the UV rays add to the misery of our summer heat. Thanks to a recommendation from AOAI legend Dale Sexton, I found a shop that specializes in minimizing UV penetration. Not a single problem with doing the back window, plus I had them do the windshield as that small band of tint at the top doesn't do much. Removing your headliner and installing some insulation to the underside of the roof will help lower heat transfer. Also plug penetrations between the engine compartment and the cabin to minimize engine heat transfer. All these things have helped my ride, in spite of a rather weak AC system designed decades ago.

Tint.jpeg

What are your wheels? I like them