Door Fit?

Dunkin

1 hour ago, Dunkin said:

Any of you had any experience on door fit adjustment? Thanks

Yes, ...have a lot of patience, and don't try to force or bend anything!

I've found it works well to carefully align door in its opening first... then begin the window adjustments....The shop manual is a good guide here.:)

27 minutes ago, mfg said:

Yes, ...have a lot of patience, and don't try to force or bend anything!

I've found it works well to carefully align door in its opening first... then begin the window adjustments....The shop manual is a good guide here.:)

Ed's correct but I'll add a couple of things I do. First, pull the striker - then close the door and loosen the hinges. Now align and gap the door. The best way to get the door straight in the opening is to cut a couple strips of wood longer than the door opening and tape them to the door and body near the top and bottom so the door is in-line with the body.

When the gaps are correct, swing the hinges back in-line with the door mounting points. When you see the hinges are parallel with the door mounts, measure that gap and make steel shims to that measurement. When you tighten everything the door should be aligned. Because of the length the door may drop slightly on the latch end but it's now easy to loosen the appropriate hinge screws and move the back up keeping the rest of the alignment intact.