Studebaker Avanti Clutch Release Bearing

Leo B

I have Clutch Release Bearing partno 1548810. You can see it from Parts Catalog and in my photo. The parts has "flange" and spring.

I ordered same part 1548810 from SI and got National Bearings 1752. The bearing is just sealed bearing like you see in photo. I think that the Clutch Release Bearing I got is wrong. Still if I try to find Release Bearing for Studebaker Avanti 1963 from Ebay or web, they offer same as National Bearing 1752. I think that the part I need is one assembly part.
Is it possible change just bearing from original assembly part?

IMG_3248.jpeg

IMG_3247.jpeg

Edited by Leo B

Hello Leo, i recently replaced the clutch release bearing in my '55 Studebaker Speedster, and it looked like the National bearing you received from Sl..... the difference being it was pressed onto a new sliding collar (with wire clip which retains the bearing to the release fork.

I'd say the best way to replace this bearing is with another complete assembly, but perhaps a machine shop could remove your old bearing from the sliding collar and then press on the new Sl bearing?:huh:

Thank you mfg. Now I understand more: There is a partno 1548810 which is a Clutch Release Bearing Assembly and then there is a Bearing which is National Bearings 1752.
The part I ordered from SI was Clutch Release Bearing Assembly (including Bearing) but I got only National Bearings 1752.

mfg: I'd say the best way to replace this bearing is with another complete assembly, but perhaps a machine shop could remove your old bearing from the sliding collar and then press on the new Sl bearing?

I need to check this.

On 4/30/2022 at 6:07 PM, mfg said:

I'd say the best way to replace this bearing is with another complete assembly, but perhaps a machine shop could remove your old bearing from the sliding collar and then press on the new Sl bearing?:huh:

Thanks mfg. This was very easy to do myself. All I needed was the right size socket and hammer. Heated new bearing in the oven and installed in the assembly.

7 hours ago, Leo B said:

Thanks mfg. This was very easy to do myself. All I needed was the right size socket and hammer. Heated new bearing in the oven and installed in the assembly.

WOW!...that's very 'crafty'!.....GOOD FOR YOU!:)