Egbert's Idea!

mfg

Sherwood Egbert's original 'concept ' drawing of a sports car, that would later become the Studebaker Avanti, was drawn on the back of a .....?.....

1) Auto Magazine.....2) Notebook....3) Passenger Safety Manual.....or.....4) Menu

On 4/24/2022 at 5:57 PM, mfg said:

Sherwood Egbert's original 'concept ' drawing of a sports car, that would later become the Studebaker Avanti, was drawn on the back of a .....?.....

1) Auto Magazine.....2) Notebook....3) Passenger Safety Manual.....or.....4) Menu

None of the above.

On 4/26/2022 at 2:48 PM, regnalbob said:
 Studebaker Proving Grounds 
On 4/27/2022 at 10:35 AM, mfg said:

So as not to spread inaccurate information...the correct name for that place was Studebaker Proving GROUND.

mfg should heed his own advice.

From Studebaker: The Post War Years by Richard M. Langworth.

353729837_Egbertsketch.jpg.5646d916da9d72af1fd11f4dda03c1a3.jpg

1 hour ago, regnalbob said:

None of the above.

On 4/26/2022 at 2:48 PM, regnalbob said:
 Studebaker Proving Grounds 
On 4/27/2022 at 10:35 AM, mfg said:

So as not to spread inaccurate information...the correct name for that place was Studebaker Proving GROUND.

mfg should heed his own advice.

From Studebaker: The Post War Years by Richard M. Langworth.

353729837_Egbertsketch.jpg.5646d916da9d72af1fd11f4dda03c1a3.jpg

Seems like Bob has his panties in a twist again...and...as usual...he's 'most likely' incorrect!

My answer (MENU) came from an interview of Otis Romine, a key player in the early development of the Studebaker Avanti, when he sat down with Mr. Loren Pennington, a (then) professor of history at Emporia State University. (This interview took place in 1972)

I'm not taking anything away from Richard Langworth......I enjoyed many of his articles in the old "AUTOMOBILE QUARTERLY" publication. However, there were issues later on that I wont get into here...but anyone interested can look up Mr. Langworth's biography.

No, good old regnalbob is once again trying his best to irritate me......he should know by now that I laugh at him!;)

14 minutes ago, mfg said:

Seems like Bob has his panties in a twist again...and...as usual...he's 'most likely' incorrect!

My answer (MENU) came from an interview of Otis Romine, a key player in the early development of the Studebaker Avanti, when he sat down with Mr. Loren Pennington, a (then) professor of history at Emporia State University. (This interview took place in 1972)

I'm not taking anything away from Richard Langworth......I enjoyed many of his articles in the old "AUTOMOBILE QUARTERLY" publication. However, there were issues later on that I wont get into here...but anyone interested can look up Mr. Langworth's biography.

No, good old regnalbob is once again trying his best to irritate me......he should know by now that I laugh at him!;)

Just saving before you edit out the snide remarks.