1985 Touring Coupe Power Window Motor

abasile

Don't rule out fixing the one you have. When the driver's window motor quit on my '83 Avanti (same as '85) I took it apart and found a small piece of the field shoe had broken off jambing the motor....After removing that piece and cleaning everything up...it worked great...That was two years ago, and I use this Avanti (and that window) daily.

Thank you, MFG. A few people have told me that the motor was switched in '85. It's our Chapter president's Avanti. We'll see what is up when he takes the door apart.

Edited by abasile

Hi ... I had a 1988 Avanti convert and went through the same thing. My problem was the passenger rear wire frayed. I went through they came out of lebaron converts, AMC Renault Alliance etc etc and other cars, don't waste your time.!

I sent mine to a company called Window Motor World inc 1-800-252-2649 windowmotorworld.net

I had my mechanic take my whole window regulator out and I shipped it to them. I got my window regulator back with a new motor, thicker cables, new pulleys, cleaned it all up and guarantee it for 1 year. They turned it around in a couple of days. Save your time and energy and have these guys do it. You will get back a complete widow regulator just like new. The last thing you want to happen is replace just the motor and then have it put back in to have a wire fray sometime later and have to take it out all over again, get it all done while it is out.. :-)

Just to put a bow on this thread, I talked with our chapter president (Lou Cote) and he got the job done. The motor from an 84-86 Jeep Cherokee is a direct replacement. I believe it is used in a lot of other Chrysler products too. He also found out that the plastic gear set is not included with this motor after he got home. Luckily he was able to locate one of those nearby!

For the window motor gear kit , due to time constraints I went with the kit from O' Reillys at a cost of 28.84 plus tax. While out on deliveries today, I stopped at CarQuest the kit with more parts in it,a dust and water shield,was good guy priced at 18.47 incl. tax. The Dorman part number for this kit is 747 - 411. So I bought one as the drivers door motor makes a noise when almost rolled up. Lou Cote :D

• 1 year later...