Andy Beckman SNM Studebaker Avanti
Robert Lee Minority Owner Newman and Altman
Dave Kinney Blake
John Hull Kelly, Cafaro
Jim Bunting Bunting Era Zoom Interview
Kelly II John Hull
Jim Lange - Appearing with his Bonnevile Record Breaker
Barlow Soper - Excalibur Historian
Never before seen interviews, videos and special presentation 30th Anniversary Meet footage from South Bend 1993

When you first log onto AOAI (before you choose Avanti or Stude Forums) see on top "News and Events"🤪

Let me add - there are 2 other attractions within an hour of event.  (I'll probably think of more)

1.  Wisconsin Auto Museum in Hartford - Big on Nash!

2. East Troy Railroad Museum - includes operating interurbans that go for 6+(?) miles

Edited by wdaly
Hartford not Hartland

Okay, I looked it up and it is the same time that my wife is having here high school reunion in Florida.☹️

Can't afford to miss that and keep her happy.

WE need major events in the southeast

4 hours ago, pantera928 said:

Okay, I looked it up and it is the same time that my wife is having here high school reunion in Florida.☹️

Can't afford to miss that and keep her happy.

WE need major events in the southeast

Com-on now.  Let's get our 'priorities' straight!  Your buddies here are counting on You🤩

3 hours ago, lschuc said:

DONT MISS OUT -- June 14-17, 2022

Wish I could go but my wife has some sort of class reunion that weekend and I cannot afford a divorce. Plus, she puts up with my car addiction pretty well and that is a good thing

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 4:10 PM, John Hull said:
2022 AOAI International 60th Studebaker Anniversary Update
MAKE YOUR MEET AND HOTEL RESERVATIONS TODAY
DONT MISS OUT -- June 14-17, 2022
Milwaukee/Brookfield world class attractions
Milwaukee Zoo nearby hotel
Harley Davidson Museum
Shopping Mall adjacent to hotel
Spa and Nail Salons in mall
Guest Speakers
Andy Beckman SNM Studebaker Avanti
Robert Lee Minority Owner Newman and Altman
Dave Kinney Blake
John Hull Kelly, Cafaro
Jim Bunting Bunting Era Zoom Interview
Kelly II John Hull
Jim Lange - Appearing with his Bonnevile Record Breaker
Barlow Soper - Excalibur Historian
Never before seen interviews, videos and special presentation 30th Anniversary Meet footage from South Bend 1993

Where’s John Seaton in this group?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, billsr2 said:

This site has been really quiet. Who is planning to attend and will any of the vendors be there?

No doubt Dave Thibeault will be set up there...His spread of Avanti parts is always really something to behold!

58 minutes ago, mfg said:

No doubt Dave Thibeault will be set up there...His spread of Avanti parts is always really something to behold!

I don't think Dave Thibeault will be at the meet.   

6 hours ago, lschuc said:

I don't think Dave Thibeault will be at the meet.   

Wow!...that's unusual...I haven't spoke with Dave in a while...Hopefully he's doing well.

• 3 weeks later...

I counted 17 on Friday with one AVX on display in the hotel lobby!  VERY COOL

15 or 16 cars in parking lot friday during judge period, the most of any of the 3 days, 3 total  inside venders from wednesday thru friday, 2 of those being mike baker and john hull, the 3rd someone selling "literature", no "swap meet" period, 1 avanti on the sales board, (an ambitious project).  drove 2277 miles round trip, very disappointed! if this turnout doesn't scream for a reconciliation between the aoai and the sdc,  (i belong to both), than i don't know what will.

In my opinion, the Studebaker Drivers Club needs to clean house at the top.....Term limits on all paid positions would be a good start.

Edited by mfg

The seminars I attended were great; John Hull's, Alice Preston's, and Andy Beckman's on the Wednesday.  Unfortunately, I was unable to attend Jim Pepper's presentation on the Bonneville cars that evening as I had to head for home and be at work on Saturday.  Some of the information was new to me.  

Agree with others, there could have been a few more cars on display, and a proper swap meet, but it was great just to see everyone again after 3 years from not being able to travel anywhere.  This meet was not the main point of my trip, therefore, I won't complain about any distance traveled.

Craig

I agree, the two clubs need to get along better. I’m not sure who’s to blame now but thirty years ago I actually dropped out of the AOA as it was obvious that most Avanti owners were ashamed of the Studebaker heritage. The popular notion was to remove any thing on the car that said Studebaker. Someone even mentioned, in print, that all Avanti owners should be on the look out for Super Larks and Hawks to strip the disc brake components off those cars for their Avantis. I’m a Stude guy and that just rubbed me the wrong way. That being said, I would imagine the crazy price of gas, hotel rooms when traveling and food was the biggest reason for the lack of attendance.