Twin Traction ?

Leo B

Hi,
I have a plate which has a text "Twin Traction Axle..." also a plate with T-letter.
But there is nothing about TT in my R2 Born report. Reason might be that my car is 99 Tag Las Vegas Driveaway Avanti. Dont know is that the reason.
World is fulloff fakes. I like to be sure. In the photo you see without Filling Plug. Wheels dont turn same direction like I tought. Might be that Discs are not in good shape.

Is this Twin Traction?

IMG_3216.JPG

40 minutes ago, Leo B said:

Hi,
I have a plate which has a text "Twin Traction Axle..." also a plate with T-letter.
But there is nothing about TT in my R2 Born report. Reason might be that my car is 99 Tag Las Vegas Driveaway Avanti. Dont know is that the reason.
World is fulloff fakes. I like to be sure. In the photo you see without Filling Plug. Wheels dont turn same direction like I tought. Might be that Discs are not in good shape.

Is this Twin Traction?

IMG_3216.JPG

Well, it's been said that if you can insert your finger into the fill hole with no obstruction, it's a regular diff.

41 minutes ago, mfg said:

Well, it's been said that if you can insert your finger into the fill hole with no obstruction, it's a regular diff.

I understand this is Twin Track.

Edited by Leo B

You need to get the final  production order from the Stude museum. The born report may not be the final configuration. For example, the final production order for R5408 added TT and rear seat belts. R4551 also has the annotation "99 Tag Las Vegas Driveaway". The authenticity manual has a photo of the event on page L-307.

When both wheels are rotating freely. Both do not turn in the same direction. The other wheel feels lazy or even turns in the opposite direction. Does this mean that the TT differential clutch friction plates are worn and need to be replaced?

10 hours ago, 64studeavanti said:

You need to get the final  production order from the Stude museum. The born report may not be the final configuration. For example, the final production order for R5408 added TT and rear seat belts. R4551 also has the annotation "99 Tag Las Vegas Driveaway". The authenticity manual has a photo of the event on page L-307.

Thank you 64studeavanti. Yes. I have authenticity manual and the AOI-magazine where Las Vegas Driveaway Avantis are listed including my #R4543