Bully Avanti!

mfg

Build sheet indicated it was for Senator Vance Hartke. 

From Wikipedia:  "Rupert Vance Hartke (May 31, 1919 – July 27, 2003) was an American politician who served as a Democratic United States Senator from Indiana from 1959 until 1977. Hartke won election to the Senate after serving as the mayor of Evansville, Indiana. In the Senate, he supported the Great Society and became a prominent opponent of the Vietnam War. Hartke ran for president in the 1972 Democratic primaries but withdrew after the first set of primaries. He left the Senate after being defeated in his 1976 re-election campaign by Richard Lugar."

5 minutes ago, r1lark said:

From Wikipedia:  "Rupert Vance Hartke (May 31, 1919 – July 27, 2003) was an American politician who served as a Democratic United States Senator from Indiana from 1959 until 1977. Hartke won election to the Senate after serving as the mayor of Evansville, Indiana. In the Senate, he supported the Great Society and became a prominent opponent of the Vietnam War. Hartke ran for president in the 1972 Democratic primaries but withdrew after the first set of primaries. He left the Senate after being defeated in his 1976 re-election campaign by Richard Lugar."

Hmmmm....

Good report on Hartke, however, my information indicates it was built for ANOTHER U.S. Senator....

Can anyone name the other Senator??

49 minutes ago, 64studeavanti said:

I suppose George Krem could be wrong.

16493616741895111444383593302712.thumb.jpg.e43079bd191ff2817a37da723ab1cdc9.jpg

No no, my fault...I have same info, and when I read across I reversed the serial numbers... SORRY!:rolleyes:...........I was wondering why both Senators had Studebaker Avantis, then I looked them up and saw they were both from Indiana!:D

8 hours ago, r1lark said:

You got it Paul!:)