Avanti Spacers!

mfg

Studebaker factory metal coil spring spacers, as used on some Avanti models are....?.... inch thick.

1) 3/8....2) 1/2......3) 5/8....or.....4) 3/4

8 hours ago, mfg said:

Studebaker factory metal coil spring spacers, as used on some Avanti models are....?.... inch thick.

1) 3/8....2) 1/2......3) 5/8....or.....4) 3/4

1) 3/8"

3 hours ago, pantera928 said:

1) 3/8"

CORRECT!...Good job!:)

PS...1/2" also acceptable answer here!.... P/N 1560480....'63-'85 Avanti

Edited by mfg

1560480 is not listed in the Studebaker Avanti parts manual! The parts manual clearly states that 3/8" (part number 1560409) and 1/2" (part number 1560408) are service only. That indicates that they were not factory installed.

FWIW, later Avantis used an aluminum spacer approximately 1/2" thick. I do not know when they changed, but my 78 is so equipped.

Edited by 64studeavanti

24 minutes ago, 64studeavanti said:

1560480 is not listed in the Studebaker Avanti parts manual! The parts manual clearly states that 3/8" (part number 1560409) and 1/2" (part number 1560408) are service only. That indicates that they were not factory installed.

FWIW, later Avantis used an aluminum spacer approximately 1/2" thick. I do not know when they changed, but my 78 is so equipped.

Check with SI on that part number!

Correct answer 3/8 or 1/2 inch

50 minutes ago, 64studeavanti said:

So, you believe SI over the parts manual. I hardly call that accurate documentation. You have documentation that states that Studebaker installed SIs part at the factory?

There you go adding language to a posted question again!!!...Who said anything about the spacers being installed "at the factory"....meaning, I assume, the production line??

On 4/4/2022 at 11:48 AM, 64studeavanti said:

Your words, not mine. You really hate to be wrong, don't you. I really don't care, as everyone is entitled to their opinion. The problem I have is when people state "facts" without verification as you are prone to do. 

I simply posted a  trivia question.... You seem to be upset that you got the answer wrong. 

Edited by mfg

47 minutes ago, 64studeavanti said:

Your words, not mine. You really hate to be wrong, don't you. I really don't care, as everyone is entitled to their opinion. The problem I have is when people state "facts" without verification as you are prone to do. 

You did understand that my mention of "Studebaker factory metal coil spring spacers" meant 'factory authorized'......  didn't you???

51 minutes ago, 64studeavanti said:

You must learn to CAREFULLY READ these trivia questions before going off on a tear!!!

No problem. When you make unverified statements, I will continue to correct.

In this thread,  you state that 3/8" is correct. That was my first answer. After I corrected it to point out that 3/16" is the factory spacer and posted the copy of the parts manual, you decided that 1/2" was correct as well. Then you gave a Part number 1560480 for the 1/2" spacer. I stated that 1560480 is not listed in the parts manual. Your justification is that SI lists it. 

Even if we accept your reinterpretation of the question, the complete answer is that 3/16", 3/8" and 1/2" spring spacers were available from Studebaker. 3/8" and 1/2" are specified service only meaning they were not installed at the factory.

21 hours ago, 64studeavanti said:

No problem. When you make unverified statements, I will continue to correct.

In this thread,  you state that 3/8" is correct. That was my first answer. After I corrected it to point out that 3/16" is the factory spacer and posted the copy of the parts manual, you decided that 1/2" was correct as well. Then you gave a Part number 1560480 for the 1/2" spacer. I stated that 1560480 is not listed in the parts manual. Your justification is that SI lists it. 

Even if we accept your reinterpretation of the question, the complete answer is that 3/16", 3/8" and 1/2" spring spacers were available from Studebaker. 3/8" and 1/2" are specified service only meaning they were not installed at the factory.

No, you really aren't listening here!...3/16" was not one of the given answer choices....You need to  choose one (or more) of those four answers... (as long as one or more of them are viable)

Edited by mfg