Avanti 63R1463!

mfg

4 hours ago, Dwight FitzSimons said:

Is it like 63R1464, which has had three previous owners, all with the same name?

--Dwight

Hmmm..that's interesting, but not the answer here

HINT...I don't want to drive a '63 anymore!

If you're thinking it is one of the first square headlight cars, it is not correct. There is an EX car that is a prototype for the square headlight bezels, Different because they are not flush with the body like production cars. It also has one of the first R3 A series engines. 

All good thoughts...but I think I better 'give up' the true answer..........

This '63 Avanti was sent to Avanti Corp for factory transformation into 1984 Avanti Coupe.  Upgrades include ....... bumpers, leather interior, dash, instruments, ground effects, 350 Corvette engine, etc......Quite a car!

11 hours ago, mfg said:

All good thoughts...but I think I better 'give up' the true answer..........

This '63 Avanti was sent to Avanti Corp for factory transformation into 1984 Avanti Coupe.  Upgrades include ....... bumpers, leather interior, dash, instruments, ground effects, 350 Corvette engine, etc......Quite a car!

Interesting. Did they raise the body to fit the Chevy motor in it and add fender inserts?

Anyone have a picture?

3 hours ago, pantera928 said:

Interesting. Did they raise the body to fit the Chevy motor in it and add fender inserts?

Anyone have a picture?

I have no picture....just a description....but I'd imagine they set up that Avanti just the same as an Avanti ll.