R3 Heads!

mfg

In April of 1964, if someone wanted to purchase a set of R3 type cylinder heads, 'complete', with matching aluminum intake manifold, (new, from Studebaker), he could expect to shell out .....?.... dollars.

1) 375.80.......2) 496.70.......3) 510.75......or......4) 589 .50

9 hours ago, Dwight FitzSimons said:

$375.80.  At that time an entire R3 engine (minus blower) was selling for about $725.

--Dwight

Nope, not $375.80!

2 minutes ago, Dwight FitzSimons said:

Obviously, Studebaker was asking more money for R3 parts than the fire-sale prices later from Paxton Products.

--Dwight

I agree..however the $510.75 was the actual Studebaker list price as of April of '64.

5 hours ago, mfg said:

I agree..however the $510.75 was the actual Studebaker list price as of April of '64.

The price list dated June 2, 1964 is from Paxton. Prices are FOB Santa Monica, Calf.

Suggested list price $510.75.

Net price $306.45.

R3 Engine

Suggested  list price $1660.00.

Net price $725.00.

18 minutes ago, regnalbob said:

The price list dated June 2, 1964 is from Paxton. Prices are FOB Santa Monica, Calf.

Bob, you must remember Paxton Products was a subsidiary of Studebaker at that time.....My documents show Studebaker Corporation as the seller of the R3 cylinder heads & manifold.....Parts Pricing Dept....... 4/20/64!

1 hour ago, regnalbob said:

Net price $306.45.

R3 Engine

Suggested  list price $1660.00.

Net price $725.00.

53 minutes ago, mfg said:

Bob, you must remember Paxton Products was a subsidiary of Studebaker at that time.....My documents show Studebaker Corporation as the seller of the R3 cylinder heads & manifold.....Parts Pricing Dept....... 4/20/64!

What is your point?

If you carefully read my reply you will see my document from Paxton is dated June 2, 1964!

It has the suggested list and net prices for R3 and R4 parts.

" Supersedes all previous schedules. Prices subject to change without notice."

I certainly dont need you to tell me that Paxton was a subsidiary of Studebaker.

16 hours ago, regnalbob said:

I certainly dont need you to tell me that Paxton was a subsidiary of Studebaker.

Although you apparently didn't realize it,  your post made it sound like Paxton was calling the shots & setting prices, not its parent company Studebaker.

I was only trying to clarify the situation!:)

Edited by mfg

17 hours ago, mfg said:

Although you apparently didn't realize it,  your post made it sound like Paxton was calling the shots & setting prices, not its parent company Studebaker.

I was only trying to clarify the situation!:)

I see you edited out the ignorant comment you made about me.

There was no need to clarify anything, everything was self explanatory.

The only person who needed clarification was you.

I will not tolerate any more of your ignorant remarks.

30 minutes ago, regnalbob said:

I see you edited out the ignorant comment you made about me.

There was no need to clarify anything, everything was self explanatory.

The only person who needed clarification was you.

I will not tolerate any more of your ignorant remarks.

Bob, in the future do not respond to my Avanti trivia questions!......A few years ago I had to block you because of your strange antics,...I thought you had changed, but obviously you haven't.

I try my best to post Studebaker/Avanti trivia questions for the enjoyment of anyone who may be interested...I try to keep it 'light'.....however, folks like yourself tend to ruin it for everyone.........PLEASE don't bother me again....... if you do, you will be blocked permanently........Ed

Ed, I see nothing wrong with Bob's post about the Paxton prices.  You may not realize it but many of your posts come across as a bit antagonistic.  I suggest that you tweak your approach so folks will feel welcome on this forum.  This should be a site where all can feel comfortable sharing their knowledge and experiences.  

38 minutes ago, Avanti1963! said:

Ed, I see nothing wrong with Bob's post about the Paxton prices.  You may not realize it but many of your posts come across as a bit antagonistic.  I suggest that you tweak your approach so folks will feel welcome on this forum.  This should be a site where all can feel comfortable sharing their knowledge and experiences.  

I didn't have an issue with the information he posted..however, it sounded to me like he thought Paxton Products was pricing the parts, when in actuality the parent company, Studebaker, was responsible for that.....

When I pointed that out to him he became quite agitated......

All in all I wish Bob well, but I'd still appreciate it if, in the future, he avoided my trivia questions.